Saturday, November 5, 2011

Modeling "Waddle Dee"

Well you may or may not be aware that I've been making some original models in Metasequoia. I made Kei once but I didn't like that one. So for now I've been practicing on some other characters, which are human Kirby conterparts (or gijinka, I think the common term for it is). Anyway, for the past few weeks I've been working on a human Waddle Dee model in Metasqeuoia.


Well I finished the modeling and rigging in the last few days actually. :3 He has expressions but they need a lot of work, there's a lot of clipping going on that I wasn't aware of earlier... anyway, here are some views of the model in Metasequoia. I am really pleased how it turned out, he's really quite cute. :D



I rigged and added expressions in PMDe. I know there's a way to do it in Metasequoia using Keynote, which I have downloaded and installed, but I'm rather clueless on how to use it. xD

Anyway, here's a rendering in MMD.


He also has custom toon files which make him WAY better. I'm always surprised at what a difference they make. So here is his preview video as well. There are no physics yet, I was only going to add some to his hair.


Other Kirby models I have done are Kirby himself, and Ribbon (the fairy character from Kirby and the Crystal Shards, for N64). I'm debating releasing them. If interest is shown, I probably will. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment